I recently have found several articles in regards to many individuals and families leaving the church to send a message against the church's involvement in the passing of Prop 8. I am saddened by this and hope they will see the light and come back. We are encouraged to love the Sinner, but not the sin. When we are confronted by our friends and family in regards to this issue, remember that our standards have been mocked for almost 200 years and Christ and Moses and many others throughout History! Today is no different, but we will have to account to the Lord for our actions and not to man! Draw your line in the sand and stand for truth! Love everyone, and screw peer pressure and worldly views! OK I am off my soap box, but do wish to leave you with 3 inspirational thoughts:
2 Tim 4:7 - I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith:
The war goes on. It is waged across the world over the issues of agency and compulsion. It is waged by an army of missionaries over the issues of truth and error. It is waged in our own lives, day in and day out, in our homes, in our work, in our school associations; it is waged over questions of love and respect, of loyalty and fidelity, of obedience and integrity. We are all involved in it—child, youth, or adult, each of us. We are winning, and the future never looked brighter.
May our God bless us in the work that is so clearly laid out before us. May we be faithful. May we be valiant. May we have the courage to be true to the trust God has placed in each of us. May we be unafraid. “For [to quote the words of Paul to Timothy] God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. Be not thou therefore ashamed of the testimony of our Lord” (2 Timothy 1:7–8). President Hinckley
http://lds.org/ldsorg/v/index.jsp?vgnextoid=2354fccf2b7db010VgnVCM1000004d82620aRCRD&locale=0&sourceId=02303bc909592110VgnVCM100000176f620a____&hideNav=1
However out of step we may seem, however much the standards are belittled, however much others yield, we will not yield, we cannot yield. President Packer
http://www.lds.org/conference/talk/display/0,5232,23-1-401-8,00.html
No comments:
Post a Comment