Monday, September 22, 2008

We are now in Chicago!

Now that we have finally unpacked everything, I think I can get back to this whole blogging thing! My computer is also fixed and I am now loading all the needed software onto my new 1 terabyte hard drive! Once I get it all working, I can finally upload some new pictures!! Here is the news on the kids!

Matt is now back in school in Kindergarten and loving it. He sees the bus and runs to catch up to it! The program here is very similar to his old one in Chesterfield and the teachers are wonderful! He is bused upto a school in Shorewood which is about 20-25 minutes north by Joliet. He is becoming more talkative and seems to be settling in here!

Denise (Didi) is loving their new playrom. Each day, she begs me for "school stuff" which is a collection of educational toys I have to work on letters, numbers, shapes, colors, patterns, reading and math. She continues to astound me by sounding out simple words and being able to read them. She is way to smart for her own good sometimes, especially since having a verbal child is a new experience for us. She started a once a week preschool program at the preschool and loves it! We are comtemplating putting her in each morning so I can help out at the office until we need full time help.

Genevieve (Evie) is now 9 months old and is growing like a weed. She is beginning another growth spurt and it concerns me since she is in 18 month clothes and I am not ready to have a 9-10 month old in 24 month clothes! She is still ahead of both of the other 2 kids on the growth charts and I just hope she has a great jumpshot! Tooth number 4 broke through this weekend, which I am thankful for. She wants to eat solid food, but has had to gum it to death.

John's practice continues to grow and we are now providers for Blue Cross / Blue Shield of Illinois which is the largest provider in this area. Our biggest problem is that he keeps healing everyone and then they move to wellness care which is less frequent. However, this is a major plus in the long run since referral-based advertising is the best advertising, but the slowest!! Shortly, we will also be having our first Radio ad run!

Now that the house is all unpacked, I have restarted my crazy job of moving wearing many hats! (Motherhood, Home Maker, Office Manager, Bookkeeper, Craft Lady, Chef, and Taxi Driver!) Life is busy, but we love being back up north and in the Chicago area. We went camping this weekend (just one night since the kids had never been camping before), and then decided to go to the Field Museum in Chicago. The kids loved it and we even stopped bya nd saw Aunt Lulu for a few minutes. She lives north of the museum, since Northwestern Law School is right there on Lake Shore Drive. The kids loved it all and even got to help daddy row a boat and see a dinosaur! However we had to laugh when Didi told us that every skeleton (even the Walrus, Donkey and Snake ones) was a dinosaur!

Hopefully the computer issues will all settle down and I will be able to get our latest pictures up for all to see!

4 comments:

Meggan said...

Yay for bloggin! Glad for the update too! Thanks for wishing happy birthday yesterday, it was sweet. Keep everyone posted!

Alicia said...

So glad you are finally settled. Moving can be a bear. We had a high council speaker on Sunday say that he moved 98 times before he retired from the Air Force!! I cannot even imagine. (They had 7 kids too). Have fun in Chicago.

Tori said...

Im lad you guys are all doing well and Matt is settling in. Keep your blog updated more often for us. WE MISS YA!

alanna said...

Wow! Mandi you always amazing me. Super Woman! I'm so happy you guys are getting settled. I really regret that we had to be out of town when you left. I feel like I need some closure! I love the couple that moved into your trailer but I always expect to see you doing something outside when I drive by! Sad. I'm so happy that things are going great there. Tell John good luck with the practice. It sounds like things are going great. I can't wait for pictures. Especially of Evi! You better get that girl into sports early! Love you!